3.26.2008

I Need You (Show Me)

This is something that I wrote a few months ago...

Open my eyes, help me to see
through these tears that fall, so carelessly 
I know You're there, so please 
won't You show me that You're listening?

If I won't be humble, 
then show me humility.
Break my pride,
come inside of me. 
If I won't come willingly, 
then show me You're willing. 
Gently whispering;
You're waiting, patiently

Open my eyes, please, help me to see
through these tears that fall, so carelessly 
I know You're there 
so please, won't You show me?                             
Just show me that You're listening
If I run and hide, 
then show me that You see me. 
Crumbling these walls,
I made to protect me. 
If I fall, when I'm feeling so strong,
show me that You'll hold me. 
Safely in your arms, 
is where I'll be

Open my eyes, help me to see
through all of these tears that are falling, so carelessly 
and I know You're there, so please 
won't you show me You're listening? 

I've tried to be so perfect, to do it all on my own.
So show me that You can humble me
That I cannot do this alone. 
Show me that I need You here beside me. 
Lord, show me that you're listening. 

Won't you open my eyes, and help me to see?
You, through all these tears that are falling, so willingly 
I know You're there Lord, waiting so patiently 
for the one who does not deserve to be sought out by your wonderful mercy.
won't you show me? Lord, come and show me.... 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you read my journals or something?! I couldn't have put it more clearly myself. It's beautiful!

Hannah said...

No, I've never read your journals... but you did read one of them to me once ;)

Thank you