4.04.2008

Something Different. Something New.


Tonight we're having some friends over to have a camp fire in our back yard. We'll have hotdogs, french fries and a few other snacks.

My mom sent Danny down to the store this afternoon to see if he could find any good bread for the hot dogs - Hot dog buns are nonexistent in Hungary. He, sadly, came home empty handed.

Here's where I come in... about every other week or so I make bread or rolls (always using your recipe Alli, it's still my favorite!) And my mom figured that I could use that to make hot dog buns if I made them a bit long-ish and not so round like a normal bun.  So I did, and they came out almost perfect. I say almost only because they don't look exactly like normal hot dog buns, but they're close enough and they taste good. So hey, as far as I'm concerned, they're fine.

I never thought that I'd ever be making hot dog buns, of all things! It's just something that, in the States, you would normally never ever think twice about. You just go to the store and buy some. But to me, this was way more fun.

3 comments:

Tracy said...

That is sad! We DON'T even think about it...matter of fact I just threw out a package that had been in the freezer for a while and looked, well, interesting. Yikes. Hope you had a great campfire!

Becky said...

Was that the time the Bolstridges and the Munteans and I went over? That was so much fun!

Unknown said...

Yes, I do believe it was.
That was fun!